This week we welcome Michelle Fogle from Fleet Feet in Wilmington to the podcast. She talks to us about shoes, socks, orthopedic inserts, how to get started running, and more.
- 0:00 – Message from Ben about audio quality
- 0:37 – Sponsor message from King Chiropractic
- 1:43 – Introducing Michelle Fogle from Fleet Feet in Wilmington NC
- 3:43 – About Michelle’s background
- 5:55 – What got Michelle interested in the shoe business?
- 9:35 – How fast do shoes wear out?
- 10:58 – How do you train a weird gate out of a runner?
- 15:05 – What do you recommend for people who need to strengthen their core for running?
- 16:34 – Why does the quality of a running shoe matter so much?
- 23:02 – Is there a general shoe that you recommend for people?
- 26:35 – Are different shoe brands focused on different benefits?
- 28:39 – Does it matter how you lace your shoes?
- 29:49 – How do your employees become running/shoe specialists?
- 32:30 – What kinds of things do new runners need to know?
- 35:18 – How much time do we spend in our day strengthening our feet?
- 36:39 – The importance of good socks
- 38:35 – What kind of shoes does a trail runner need?
- 40:08 – Muscle maintenance and injury prevention
- 44:22 – How important is it to wear a certain kind of shoe for non-athletes?
- 46:26 – Flip flops and sandals
- 47:58 – What’s an orthotic?
- 49:30 – What’s the difference between an orthotic at Fleet Feet and a Dr. Scholl’s insert?
- 51:01 – What’s the biggest factor that contributes to running injuries?
- 51:06 – How do you know when your shoes are shot?
- 63:01 – How to find Fleet Feet … fleetfeetwilmington.com
If you like what we’re doing here be sure to like, comment, and subscribe to the podcast on iTunes. When you do you’ll get a new edition of The Daily Adjustment each week.
If you have a question for Dr. King, leave a comment here, send it to us on Facebook, or email us at email@example.com. If we read your question on the air, your next/first visit is free!