On this week’s episode of The Daily Adjustment podcast we’ve got a super special guest: hypnotherapist Mike Maiocco. We have a wide ranging conversation about what hypnotherapy is and how it can help people suffering from past traumas or for people overwhelmed by stress. Our beer of the week is Shiner Holiday Cheer and is Dr. King’s least-favorite yet!
The Daily Adjustment Podcast Episode 57 Highlights
- 0:00 – Sponsor Message – King Chiropractic
- 1:20 – Introducing Mike Maiocco, stress management practitioner
- 1:39 – Beer of the Week: Shiner Holiday Cheer (5.4% ABV)
- 4:35 – How Dr. King and Mike Maiocco got to know each other
- 7:12 – What all does Mike Maiocco do in his practice?
- 8:05 – What is hypnotherapy?
- 10:29 – How do “suggestions” work?
- 12:43 – How does somebody know they need hypnotherapy?
- 14:04 – Is dealing with painful emotions the same whether the patient is under hypnosis?
- 22:16 – Does Mr. Maiocco work with other therapists?
- 24:39 – How Mr. Maiocco works with patients with chronic pain
- 27:30 – Dr. John Sarno
- 30:00 – What does Mr. Maiocco enjoy treating?
- 32:26 – What does Mr. Maiocco find the most challenging to treat?
- 33:55 – How did Mr. Maiocco get started?
- 35:15 – Wim Hof
- 39:55 – How do you get started in being a stress management therapist?
- 41:06 – What do people say when they find out that Mr. Maiocco is a hypnotist?
- 42:26 – Life coaching
- 43:26 – Have you ever seen Office Space?
- 45:25 – Are you familiar with ASMR?
- 47:35 – What’s the deal with brain waves?
- 54:10 – Practicing a breathing technique (interactive!)
- 58:51 – Does Mr. Maiocco get mad in traffic?
- 59:58 – Mike’s Web address: http://body-mindfit.com, phone number: 910.742.3100
If you like what we’re doing here be sure to like, comment, and subscribe to the podcast on iTunes. When you do you’ll get a new edition of The Daily Adjustment each week.
If you have a question for Dr. King, leave a comment here or send it to us on Facebook. If we read your question on the air, your next/first visit is free!