Did you know that Chiropractic Care has a dirty secret? You may have heard about it before and not have known what was being said so just shrugged and went with it. It’s called “subluxations”. This is said by many chiropractors as part of a diagnosis. It turns out, that’s probably not a real thing. So what’s going on? Why is this term used so commonly and what’s the alternative? In this episode of The Daily Adjustment podcast, Dr. King digs into it.
The Daily Adjustment Podcast Episode 54 Highlights
- 0:00 – Sponsor message from King Chiropractic
- 1:31 – Beer of the Week: Raging Bitch from Flying Dog Brewery (8.3% ABV)
- 6:36 – The dirty secret of Chiropractic Care: Subluxations
- 13:30 – A chiro in business for 30 years wants to know why what he learned (subluxations) isn’t correct anymore… but the truth is, it was never correct
- 19:50 – People are still bitter at Neil DeGrasse Tyson for demoting Pluto
- 23:40 – The future of chiropractic is adopting an evidence based model
- 31:31 – How important is it for patients to keep up with self care exercises between chiropractic visits?
- 40:40 – Barbell Training Is Big Medicine
- 58:10 – Dan Gilbert TED Talk on “The Surprising Science of Happiness“
If you like what we’re doing here be sure to like, comment, and subscribe to the podcast on iTunes. When you do you’ll get a new edition of The Daily Adjustment each week.
If you have a question for Dr. King, leave a comment here or send it to us on Facebook. If we read your question on the air, your next/first visit is free!